I’m not an expert, but I certainly have learned a few things on my journey into this cleanse. Some things I have read and others I have figured out along the way. I will continue to add more as I learn more too. Please feel free to leave comments about tips that could help me!
1. Make your lemonade drink fresh each time and drink it within 7 minutes. This is because the enzymes in the lemon will no longer be effective and the flush will not work.
2. Do not use lemon juice from your grocery, use only fresh lemons (organic when possible). Be careful not to buy the lemons that are part oranges. They will not work!
3. Use organic Grade B Maple Syrup. Other syrups are not equal in mineral content. Buy organic because some companies use formaldehyde in their process.
4. Don’t forget the Cayenne Pepper! If you cannot stand the taste then swallow it separate in a shot of water. Or better yet buy vegetable based gel caps and put a little cayenne in it and swallow with each drink. Buy organic cayenne pepper powder. It will come in different strengths. If it is not on the label it will usually be 40,000 scoville units. That is a great place to start.
5. Use the best water you can, you may want to research and buy a filter. If you are on a well then make sure your water is at least 7.0 alkaline. City water is required to be 7.0 alkaline by law. Do not buy distiller water, Stanley Burroughs calls this “dead” water as all of the minerals are boiled out.
6. Make sure you mix your lemonade correctly. 1 cup water, 2 tblsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 tblsp. maple syrup, 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper. If you like your lemonade a bit more sour then you can put less maple syrup in. However, this may mean you need to drink more in order to get the calories you need for the day. I find that one medium sized lemon yields 3 tblsp. of juice. Therefore I make my drinks with 1 1/2 cups of water.
7. Make sure you drink an organic herbal laxative tea each night. If you don’t want to salt flush every morning then drink the tea again each morning. The salt flush is a must the morning of the first day. After that it is fine to only do every 3-4 days.