Spring brings babies and Babies bring diapers…in the form of Bouquets <3
I had the opportunity to help decorate for a friend & neighbors baby shower yesterday. In my mind I always think dual gift! Decor plus decoration…now that’s right up my alley!!
I’ve always wanted to make a diaper cake. But when I searched ideas on Pinterest a darling bouquet came up by www.being-Genevieve.com. I gave it my little twist and had a blast making this gift!
What you’ll need:
Large cylinder container
Baby lotions or supplies
Round foam ball
Wooden bamboo skewers (35)
Package of 34 size 1 Pampers
6 yards of 1/2 inch wide ribbon
3 yards coordinating 1 inch wired ribbon
Clear mini rubber bands (34)
Hot glue gun & glue
Pliers with cutters at base
Small piece of wire
1. Fill your jar with goodies…
2. Roll all diapers onto skewers securing with clear rubber bands about 3/4 down. You can get creative and roll a bit angled and tuck edges to look more like a rose!
3. Cut your smaller ribbon into pieces. I cut mine about 5 inches. Secure closed with hot glue…just a little dab will do.
4. Cut foam ball in half and hot glue to top of jar.
5. Make large center bow and secure with a bread tie or any wire you may have. Wire to a skewer, cut skewer to about 3 inches in length and secure into foam ball.
6. Starting at the top of your foam ball stick in your first rose. All roses after will need cut down with cutting pliers. I took 1-2 inches off of each skewer.
7. Work your way down to bow making sides equal, spacing and staggering diaper roses down into a bouquet shape. Do the same in the back until you have used each rose diaper.
8. Stick in extra decor like an “it’s a girl” sign or a little card. This is a huge centerpiece and so much fun to make!