I hung this on my fridge today. For me. For Doug. For my son.
We all want something, but often times getting it seems almost impossible. For me it is because getting it means I will have to change what I do every day. Yes, I am a creature of habit and I have many bad ones. Somehow reading this quote each day motivates me to make those different choices. To not procrastinate putting off what needs to be done. Because if I want it “now” then I need to do something about it “now”.
None of this “I will start Monday” stuff. None of this “tomorrow will be the day”. But now. Right now, even if I screwed up ten minutes ago–right now is the time to begin doing things differently.
Who put the rule on having to start something on a fresh new day or a fresh new week? Procrastinators did. I did. Me. Because I wanted a few more days to be lazy. To do it wrong. A few more days to stay living in my bad habits, doing those same things that will not get me where I ultimately want to be.
Every day, every hour, and YES even every minute, is a blank slate. A blank page where we each get to choose what we are going to do next. We each get to write our own future. What we write today will ultimately be what we will read tomorrow. Life is creative. A beautiful creative process where we get to create the very life we want to lead.
So the question is, if you want to create something beautiful that you want, that thing which you have never had, what will you choose to do differently RIGHT NOW?
How will you seize this very moment?
- Write down your goal. Make a vision board with pictures and words that you can easily see each and every day.
- Write down sub-goals. Recognize and write down smaller goals to get there.
- Make a Plan. Within each small goal write down exactly what to do every day to achieve it.
- Take Massive Action. Do those things every day. It is going to take hard work. Nothing worth having really comes easy. I personally feel that this is the most important step.
- Trust in the process as you move forward. Don’t look back, move forward into your new reality. Remember your faith is greater than your fear. Be fearless.
- Fake it ’til you make it. Learn along the way and improve, but live life as if you have already arrived. Sometimes it will take tweeks and do-overs, do not be afraid of these. As you put yourself out there many opportunities will show up in your life. Embrace them, this is part of the process. Enjoy the journey, the process, and the small victories along the way.
- Don’t give up. Keep going, because it is a well known fact that it will always seem to be the hardest right before success.
- Arrive at your Goal. Set some new ones, because you are now a pro!
To get something you have never had, the answer is to do something that you have never done before. Change your outlook, change your day, change your way. It all begins with small baby steps. What you want is possible. If you can dream it, you can do it. If you want it there is a reason. It is within you because you were born with the ability. You want it because it is meant to be a part of you. And the idea is in you because you are meant to have it.
Make a plan, walk forward with new intention, and start TODAY, moving directly into your dream.